No attendee found! Be the first one to book!
EA – Innovation GLQAM Workshop
Taking the chance that Gamescom brings together many localization professional in Cologne, EA localization teams has organized for the second year in a row a localization workshop at the EA Cologne office. This time around it was about “Innovations”. We shared our achievements with Machine Translation, some new processes we have implemented in terms of quality evaluation, new self-developed tool introduced in the localization process, new workflows and anything that brought a new way of seeing localization of videogames at Electronic Arts. But that’s not it, as we were lucky enough to have many other participants from other companies who shared their achievements in terms of innovation, creating a very stimulating and open environment to discuss.
- 9:00 AM -
- Opening and registration
- 9:30 AM -
- Welcome speech
- Michaela Bartelt, Sr. DPD, Head of WWS Localization, Electronic Arts
- 10 AM -
- The EAGLE has landed!
- Jesús Jiménez, Associate Technical Director, Electronic Arts
- 10:30 AM -
- Machine Translation @ EA: What’s next?
- Cristina Anselmi, Machine Translation Specialist, Lisa Honig Machine Translation Specialist Intern, Electronic Arts
- 11:00 AM -
- Localization Testing Made Easy(er)
- Frederic Champ, LT Manager, Fabio Maccari, Sr Tech Lead, Electronic Arts
- 12:00 PM -
- Innovation Retrospective
- Inés Rubio, Giorgio Mattiuzzo, National Instruments
- 12:30 PM -
- Machine Translation at Ubisoft
- Sandra Pourmarin, Localization consultant, Ubisoft
- 1:00 PM -
- Localization automation and innovation
- Paul Davies, Head of Localization& Narrative Design, Social Point
- 2:45 PM -
- Mindfulness and process optimization
- Maria Tacheva, Sr Multilingual Localization Specialist, Electronic Arts
- 3:00 PM -
- Daniel Finck
- 5:00 PM -
- Results and closing